Thursday, December 19, 2013

God's Blessings on David's Decendants

Jesus and the Just Reign of God
God Sends Jesus

Jesus is Born

Psalm 18:46-50

The Message
46-48 Live, God! Blessings from my Rock,
    my free and freeing God, towering!
This God set things right for me
    and shut up the people who talked back.
He rescued me from enemy anger,
    he pulled me from the grip of upstarts,
He saved me from the bullies.
49-50 That’s why I’m thanking you, God,
    all over the world.
That’s why I’m singing songs
    that rhyme your name.
God’s king takes the trophy;
    God’s chosen is beloved.
I mean David and all his children—
    always.


For Reflection
What in your life rhymes God's name?  What is happening or has happened in your life that has the ring of God's truth?  What can you point to that reveals the blessing of God? 

Pray
prayers of Thanksgiving.  Sing songs of Joy.  Reveal the God-centered you in action.  Pray that your life will rhyme God's name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.