Tuesday, December 3, 2013

O Magnify the Lord with Me

Jesus and the Just Reign of God
God Sends Jesus

Mary's Song of Praise

Psalm 34:1-8

The Message

A David Psalm, When He Outwitted Abimelech and Got Away

34 I bless God every chance I get;
my lungs expand with his praise.
I live and breathe God;
if things aren’t going well, hear this and be happy:
Join me in spreading the news;
together let’s get the word out.
God met me more than halfway,
he freed me from my anxious fears.
Look at him; give him your warmest smile.
Never hide your feelings from him.
When I was desperate, I called out,
and God got me out of a tight spot.
God’s angel sets up a circle
of protection around us while we pray.
Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.

For Reflection
Part of the "Good News" means that no one has to face life alone.  God is there.  All we have to do is acknowledge God and ask for help.  Do you think that you can climb out of that hole you dug all by yourself?  Do seriously think that your success in life is all of your own making?  Do you think that calling for help is a sign of weakness?  Well, get over yourself!   This world is not about you.  This world is about reconciling God's people, all of us.  If we try do do it ourselves we just end up in making a bigger mess.  

Pray
for all people who in faith give up themselves for a God-self.  Pray that all will heed the voice of the Holy Spirit which resides in them.  Pray for all who find themselves at the mercy of domination systems which provide little avenue for escape.  Pray for the tyrants who engage in personal, intimate or large scale oppression.  Pray that you will be an instrument of justice and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.