Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hope in God

The People of God Set Priorities
Hope and Confidence Come from God

Hope for a New Day

Psalm 43

The Message
43 1-2 Clear my name, God; stick up for me
    against these loveless, immoral people.
Get me out of here, away
    from these lying degenerates.
I counted on you, God.
    Why did you walk out on me?
Why am I pacing the floor, wringing my hands
    over these outrageous people?
3-4 Give me your lantern and compass,
    give me a map,
So I can find my way to the sacred mountain,
    to the place of your presence,
To enter the place of worship,
    meet my exuberant God,
Sing my thanks with a harp,
    magnificent God, my God.
Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
    Why are you crying the blues?
Fix my eyes on God—
    soon I’ll be praising again.
He puts a smile on my face.
    He’s my God.

For Reflection
We all have been disappointed by failed relationships, business or personal activities derailed by violations of trust, and shocked by the depths of our inhumanity.  Metaphorically, all of these things can be traced to the obedience of a perverted god, the god of wealth, of power, of self service, of wrath, of hate, of fear. of loathing.  Need I go on?  We sometimes forget that our God is a god of love, of grace, of forgiveness, of reconciliation, of comfort and of abiding loyalty.  God never abandons us.  God always sets all things right.  Praise God!
Pray
prayers of thanksgiving and praise.  When life overcomes you pray so that God, who resides in you, will surface and surround you with the cloak of salvation.  Pray so that you become aware of God, who abides with you eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.