Friday, June 6, 2014

Take Courage

The People of God Set Priorities
Hope and Confidence Come from God

Trust God's Promises

Psalm 27:7-14

The Message
7-9 Listen, God, I’m calling at the top of my lungs:
    “Be good to me! Answer me!”
When my heart whispered, “Seek God,”
    my whole being replied,
“I’m seeking him!”
    Don’t hide from me now!
9-10 You’ve always been right there for me;
    don’t turn your back on me now.
Don’t throw me out, don’t abandon me;
    you’ve always kept the door open.
My father and mother walked out and left me,
    but God took me in.
11-12 Point me down your highway, God;
    direct me along a well-lighted street;
    show my enemies whose side you’re on.
Don’t throw me to the dogs,
    those liars who are out to get me,
    filling the air with their threats.
13-14 I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness
    in the exuberant earth.
Stay with God!
    Take heart. Don’t quit.
I’ll say it again:
    Stay with God.
 
For Reflection
Stay with God.  Stay with God. Stay with God. 
Hold fast to God. Hold fast to God.  Hold fast to God.
Hope in God. Hope in God. Hope in God.
Have confidence in God. Have confidence in God. Have confidence in God.
Trust God. Trust God. Trust God.
Fear nothing,  Fear nothing. Fear nothing.

Be remembered for wearing the robe of the living God.
 
Pray
for the courage to serve and love God with all of your heart, your mind and your soul.  Pray for the the courage to love others as you love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.