Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Greater Things through Prayer

The Christian Community Comes Alive
Seeds of New Growth


Praying for One Another

John 14:11-14  The Message

11-14 “Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can’t believe that, believe what you see—these works. The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I’ll do it. That’s how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I’ll do. 
 
For Reflection 
Consubstantial!  I like that term.  It means virtually the same.  God and Jesus are consubstantial; and now, in resurrection, literally so.  If one prays to God one prays to Christ.  If one prays to Christ one prays to God.
 
Christ has commissioned us to do His work.  As we pursue His work, Christ will answer any request we have that helps us realize the Kingdom of God.

Pray
that you will live for the advancement of God's Kingdom here and now.  Pray to Jesus for strength, courage and perseverance.  Pray to Christ for guidance, and for help as you seek to make the world more forgiving, compassionate, peaceful and just.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.