Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Remembering God's Word

The Christian Community Comes Alive
Seeds of New Growth


Witnessing to the Truth

Psalm 119:89-96  The Message

89-96 What you say goes, God,
    and stays, as permanent as the heavens.
Your truth never goes out of fashion;
    it’s as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.
Your Word and truth are dependable as ever;
    that’s what you ordered—you set the earth going.
If your revelation hadn’t delighted me so,
    I would have given up when the hard times came.
But I’ll never forget the advice you gave me;
    you saved my life with those wise words.
Save me! I’m all yours.
    I look high and low for your words of wisdom.
The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me,
    but I’m only concerned with your plans for me.
I see the limits to everything human,
    but the horizons can’t contain your commands!
For Reflection 
Think of the words that come to you in the Scriptures.  Think of the words that Jesus spoke.  Think of the words of the Apostles.  Think of the words of those who abide in the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit.  What truths have you heard?  What revelations have you understood.  What words have made a difference in your life?

Pray
for the wisdom in the words of God and God's people.  Pray that your words will carry the truths of God's will for human kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.