Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Prevailing Trust

The Gift of Faith
Restorative Faith

A Reversal of Shame

Psalm 13  The Message

A David Psalm

13 1-2 Long enough, God
    you’ve ignored me long enough.
I’ve looked at the back of your head
    long enough. Long enough
I’ve carried this ton of trouble,
    lived with a stomach full of pain.
Long enough my arrogant enemies
    have looked down their noses at me.
3-4 Take a good look at me, God, my God;
    I want to look life in the eye,
So no enemy can get the best of me
    or laugh when I fall on my face.
5-6 I’ve thrown myself headlong into your arms—
    I’m celebrating your rescue.
I’m singing at the top of my lungs,
    I’m so full of answered prayers.


For Reflection 
When is it that a person makes a second order change, a change in his life so profound that it changes the soul of his being?  For most, it is the time when one is most frustrated, hopeless, when nothing he or she has done has resulted in satisfaction.  It is the time of giving up.   It is the time when one embraces the darkness.  It is the time when one reaches beyond him or her self for salvation.

To whom do you cling when life seems perilous?  To whom do you turn when nothing you have done has resolved the agony which has taken residence in you?  In whom can you place your trust?

The great Biblical paradox is that only when you lose your life can your find it.  When you give up completely you find the hope to resurrect you.  The message of the Gospel is that Christ died so that you might find life in being the person God intends you to be.  Living is not waiting for God to magically change you life, but rather,  your life changes by living the life God intends for you.  Lose yourself in God's will and you will find opportunities for compassion, forgiveness, justice and peace in service to the living God.

Pray
that you will listen for God's call.  Pray that you will give your life over to the Holy Spirit.  Pray that you will grow into the person who sacrifices one's self for the love of God and God's love for human kind., Pray that you will give yourself over to the transformational power in service to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.