Friday, December 9, 2016

The Promised House for David

Creation: A Divine Cycle
The Savior Has Been born


The Affirmation of the Promise

2 Samuel 7:11-17  The Message

8-11 “So here is what you are to tell my servant David: The God-of-the-Angel-Armies has this word for you: I took you from the pasture, tagging along after sheep, and made you prince over my people Israel. I was with you everywhere you went and mowed your enemies down before you. Now I’m making you famous, to be ranked with the great names on earth. And I’m going to set aside a place for my people Israel and plant them there so they’ll have their own home and not be knocked around any more. Nor will evil men afflict you as they always have, even during the days I set judges over my people Israel. Finally, I’m going to give you peace from all your enemies.
11-16 “Furthermore, God has this message for you: God himself will build you a house! When your life is complete and you’re buried with your ancestors, then I’ll raise up your child, your own flesh and blood, to succeed you, and I’ll firmly establish his rule. He will build a house to honor me, and I will guarantee his kingdom’s rule permanently. I’ll be a father to him, and he’ll be a son to me. When he does wrong, I’ll discipline him in the usual ways, the pitfalls and obstacles of this mortal life. But I’ll never remove my gracious love from him, as I removed it from Saul, who preceded you and whom I most certainly did remove. Your family and your kingdom are permanently secured. I’m keeping my eye on them! And your royal throne will always be there, rock solid.”
17 Nathan gave David a complete and accurate account of everything he heard and saw in the vision.

For Reflection
Again and again the promise of God is reinforced.  The household of David will become the household of God.  David's family is secured for all time.

And yet, as much responsibility, hope and faith as God has placed upon David, David is, in the end, human.  David will fall; seduced by his position, a victim of his own folly.  But, in spite of David's failing, God's will for his people thrives.

Pray
for the realization of God's will in your life. Pray for the opportunity to advance the Kingdom of God.  Sing Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.