Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Let All People Praise God

Creation: A Divine Cycle
Praise from and for God's Creation


Praise God the Provider

Isaiah 66:1-5. The Message 

Living Worship to God

66 1-2 God’s Message:
“Heaven’s my throne,
    earth is my footstool.
What sort of house could you build for me?
    What holiday spot reserve for me?
I made all this! I own all this!”
    God’s Decree.
“But there is something I’m looking for:
    a person simple and plain,
    reverently responsive to what I say.
3-4 “Your acts of worship
    are acts of sin:
Your sacrificial slaughter of the ox
    is no different from murdering the neighbor;
Your offerings for worship,
    no different from dumping pig’s blood on the altar;
Your presentation of memorial gifts,
    no different from honoring a no-god idol.
You choose self-serving worship,
    you delight in self-centered worship—disgusting!
Well, I choose to expose your nonsense
    and let you realize your worst fears,
Because when I invited you, you ignored me;
    when I spoke to you, you brushed me off.
You did the very things I exposed as evil,
    you chose what I hate.”
5 But listen to what God has to say
    to you who reverently respond to his Word:
“Your own families hate you
    and turn you out because of me.
They taunt you, ‘Let us see God’s glory!
    If God’s so great, why aren’t you happy?’
But they’re the ones
    who are going to end up shamed.”


For Reflection
Has Christianity become a barren collection of routinized formulas and gestures? Can the Church's otherworldly ideals be adapted to a society that worships immediate gratification?

Many are listening to what God has to say.  Many accept the idea that God is good. Many reject the forms and superficial acts of pseudo-righteousness and adopt God's invitation to collaborate with God in God's will for humanity.  Many have sacrificed civil conformity for spiritual grace.  God will bless God's people who follow The Way with justice, mercy, and hope.

Pray
Sing to the God of our salvation.  Pray that you will collaborate in fulfilling God's promise of freedom in the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.