Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Answer Me, O Lord.

God Loves Us
God's Pervasive and Sustaining Love


God's Love Preserved Jonah

Psalm 69:13-18. The Message

13 And me? I pray.
God, it’s time for a break!
God, answer in love!
Answer with your sure salvation!
14 Rescue me from the swamp,
Don’t let me go under for good,
Pull me out of the clutch of the enemy;
This whirlpool is sucking me down.
15 Don’t let the swamp be my grave, the Black Hole
Swallow me, its jaws clenched around me.
16 Now answer me, God, because you love me;
Let me see your great mercy full-face.
17 Don’t look the other way; your servant can’t take it.
I’m in trouble. Answer right now!
18 Come close, God; get me out of here.
Rescue me from this deathtrap.

For Reflection
David is under attack, so he prays to God for deliverance.  David calls upon God.  He is desperate.  A campaign against David is a campaign against God.  So, David prays for deliverance so that others do not suffer because of David's allegiance to God. David prays to God because David is confident in God's abiding compassion, kindness, and love.  David prays to God because David knows nothing is accomplished without God.

Pray
Pray that you recognize as David did, the awesome power of God. Pray that in the time of desperate need, God's love, kindness, compassion, and mercy is the only way to rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.