Thursday, May 18, 2017

Proclaiming Repentance, Faith Lives

God Loves Us
God's Pervasive and Sustaining Love


God's Love for Nineveh

Acts 20:18-24 The Message

On to Jerusalem

17-21 From Miletus he sent to Ephesus for the leaders of the congregation. When they arrived, he said, “You know that from day one of my arrival in Asia I was with you totally—laying my life on the line, serving the Master no matter what, putting up with no end of scheming by Jews who wanted to do me in. I didn’t skimp or trim in any way. Every truth and encouragement that could have made a difference to you, you got. I taught you out in public and I taught you in your homes, urging Jews and Greeks alike to a radical life-change before God and an equally radical trust in our Master Jesus.
22-24 “But there is another urgency before me now. I feel compelled to go to Jerusalem. I’m completely in the dark about what will happen when I get there. I do know that it won’t be any picnic, for the Holy Spirit has let me know repeatedly and clearly that there are hard times and imprisonment ahead. But that matters little. What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God.

For Reflection
To what extent are you willing to sacrifice your life for the establishment of God's Kingdom as Paul has done?  No, you don't necessarily need to go to jail for your beliefs.  However, you may be asked to swim upstream against the current of conventional wisdom. Sometimes those who swim upstream get eaten by bears!  In your social circles, in your work lives, family lives and personal lives your faith will be challenged in many obvious and not so obvious ways.  Are you prepared to be obedient to the way?

Pray
Pray that you will armor yourself with the cloak of Christ. Pray that you will remain steadfast in the practice of your faith.  Pray and let the Holy Spirit guide your every thought and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.