Tuesday, October 17, 2017

God to Build a House of David

Called Into Covenant With God

God's Covenant with David:

Samuel Anoints David King of Israel

1 Chronicles 17:9-15 The Message

7-10 “So here is what you are to tell my servant David: The God-of-the-Angel-Armies has this word for you: I took you from the pasture, tagging after sheep, and made you prince over my people Israel. I was with you everywhere you went and mowed your enemies down before you; and now I’m about to make you famous, ranked with the great names on earth. I’m going to set aside a place for my people Israel and plant them there so they’ll have their own home and not be knocked around anymore; nor will evil nations afflict them as they always have, even during the days I set judges over my people Israel. And finally, I’m going to conquer all your enemies.
10-14 “And now I’m telling you this: God himself will build you a house! When your life is complete and you’re buried with your ancestors, then I’ll raise up your child to succeed you, a child from your own body, and I’ll firmly establish his rule. He will build a house to honor me, and I will guarantee his kingdom’s rule forever. I’ll be a father to him, and he’ll be a son to me. I will never remove my gracious love from him as I did from the one who preceded you. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will always be there, rock solid.”
15 Nathan gave David a complete and accurate report of everything he heard and saw in the vision.

For Reflection

God has always been active in the history of Israel.  Here God has selected and prepared David for the task that God sets before him. Now God, in a vision, reveals his intention for the Chosen and the role David is to play.  As God has prepared David, God has also prepared you for your part in the Kingdom of God.  Have confidence in God and follow the lead of Christ.

Pray

Pray that you will remember all that God has done for you.  Pray that you will reflect on the gifts that you have to share with others. Pray for the confidence to trust in God and follow the lead of Jesus Christ fearlessly.

Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.