Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Redeemer of Israel's Iniquities

Called Into Covenant with God

God's Covenant with the Returned Exiles

Psalm 30 The Message

A David Psalm

30 I give you all the credit, God—
    you got me out of that mess,
    you didn’t let my foes gloat.

    gave me another chance
God, you pulled me out of the grave,
    and you put me together.
2-3 God, my God, I yelled for help
life
    when I was down-and-out.
at
    a lifetime
He gets angry once in a while, but across
    Thank him to his face!
4-5 All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God!
is only love.
The nights of crying your eyes out
    give way to days of laughter.
there
6-7 When things were going great
    I crowed, “I’ve got it made.
I’m God’s favorite.
    He made me king of the mountain.”
Then you looked the other way
    and I fell to pieces.

8-10 I called out to you, God;
    I laid my case before you:
“Can you sell me for a profit when I’m dead?
    auction me off at a cemetery yard sale?
When I’m ‘dust to dust’ my songs
    and stories of you won’t sell.
So listen! and be kind!
    Help me out of this!”

11-12 You did it: you changed wild lament
    into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
    and decked me with wildflowers.
I’m about to burst with song;
    I can’t keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
    I can’t thank you enough.

For Reflection

there are days of crying
there are days of laughing
there are days which should never have been
there are days which should have never ended
there are days when you gave up and
lament became joy

this is your God Story
 

Pray

Pray that you remember your God Story.  Pray that you will give your life to the living God of Grace who will always come to you with salvation and freedom from fear.  Praise God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.