Friday, November 10, 2017

In Remembrance of Me

Promise of a New Covenant

Luke 22:14-20 The Message

14-16 When it was time, he sat down, all the apostles with him, and said, “You’ve no idea how much I have looked forward to eating this Passover meal with you before I enter my time of suffering. It’s the last one I’ll eat until we all eat it together in the kingdom of God.”
17-18 Taking the cup, he blessed it, then said, “Take this and pass it among you. As for me, I’ll not drink wine again until the kingdom of God arrives.”
19 Taking bread, he blessed it, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, given for you. Eat it in my memory.”
20 He did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant written in my blood, blood poured out for you.

For Reflection

During the celebration of the Lord's Supper, we are asked to remember Christ.  This remembrance is not just a reminder of Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection. We are not asked to just remember the facts. We are also asked to remember Christ as he enters and directs our lives through the Holy Spirit.  We are asked to remember our God Story and to respond to the extravagant love which God shows us each day.

Pray

Pray prayers of praise and thanksgiving for the love of God that sustains you.  Pray so that you can be reminded of your God Story and be humbled by it.

Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.