Monday, November 27, 2017

Take Refuge in the Lord

Faith in Action

The Early Church Proclaims Faith in Christ

Faith in Jesus


Psalm 118:1-9 Amplified Bible

Thanksgiving for the Lord’s Saving Goodness.

O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness endures forever.
Oh let Israel say,
“His lovingkindness endures forever.”
Oh let the house of Aaron say,
“His lovingkindness endures forever.”
Oh let those who [reverently] fear the Lord, say,
“His lovingkindness endures forever.”
Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
The Lord answered me and set me free.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can [mere] man do to me?
The Lord is on my side, He is among those who help me;
Therefore I will look [in triumph] on those who hate me.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
Than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
Than to trust in princes.


For Reflection

It is good that in giving thanks to the Lord we remember God's sovereignty. Our faith is measured by our trust in God. Because of Christ, there is no fear (literal or figurative) in death.  Only living confronts our fears. Take comfort and rest in the Lord. He is the source of your strength to overcome all fear. In Christ, you are free to live as God has intended you to live, compassionately, lovingly, and fearlessly. What God has intended, no person can put asunder.

Pray

Give thanks to the living God who comforts you and protects your soul.

Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.