Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Praise God for Answered Prayer

Mediator of the New Covenant

Psalm 66:16-20 The Message

16-20 All believers, come here and listen,
    let me tell you what God did for me.
I called out to him with my mouth,
    my tongue shaped the sounds of music.
If I had been cozy with evil,
    the Lord would never have listened.
But he most surely did listen,
    he came on the double when he heard my prayer.
Blessed be God: he didn’t turn a deaf ear,
    he stayed with me, loyal in his love.

For Reflection

What is the beauty in your prayer?

Perhaps it is the implied and sometimes literal thankfulness for the Grace with which God embraces you.  Perhaps it is your implied or literal recognition that it was God's intervention into your life that redeemed your soul, pardoned your guilt, enabled you to overcome sin and find peace and joy.  Perhaps it was that God gave you comfort as you faced the prospect of death.  Or perhaps it was that God gave you the possibility of hope grounded in God's enduring presence. The beauty in your prayer is the unbreakable loving relationship with God.

Pray

Pray in the beauty of a loving relationship with God. Pray when you are sad.  Pray when you are angry. Pray when things look hopeless. Pray when things are right. Pray about everything and rest in the lap of a loving God.

Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.