Monday, August 12, 2019

God's Chosen Bride

Living in Covenant

A Personal Perspective

Live in the light of God (Isaiah 2:5) 

A Mother-Daughter Covenant

Ezekiel 16:8-14 The Message
8-14 “‘I came by again and saw you, saw that you were ready for love and a lover. I took care of you, dressed you, and protected you. I promised you my love and entered the covenant of marriage with you. I, God, the Master, gave my word. You became mine. I gave you a good bath, washing off all that old blood, and anointed you with aromatic oils. I dressed you in a colorful gown and put leather sandals on your feet. I gave you linen blouses and a fashionable wardrobe of expensive clothing. I adorned you with jewelry: I placed bracelets on your wrists, fitted you out with a necklace, emerald rings, sapphire earrings, and a diamond tiara. You were provided with everything precious and beautiful: with exquisite clothes and elegant food, garnished with honey and oil. You were absolutely stunning. You were a queen! You became world-famous, a legendary beauty brought to perfection by my adornments. Decree of God, the Master.

For Reflection

In spite of the disappointments that God may have experienced with God's chosen people, God loves his people.  In this p0etic passage, God's covenant with Israel is described as one would describe a wedding vow. It is an extravagant, lavish outpouring of adoration, devotion, and protection as a man might give a woman with whom he is deeply in love. 
God loves God's creation and God's people deeply.

Pray

Pray prayers of thanksgiving and praise for the love that knows no boundaries and no end. Pray so that you can honor the love of God for you.


Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.