Thursday, August 8, 2019

Return to Bethlehem

Living in Covenant

A Personal Perspective

Live in the light of God (Isaiah 2:5) 

A Mother-Daughter Covenant

Ruth 1:19-22 The Message

18-19 When Naomi saw that Ruth had her heart set on going with her, she gave in. And so the two of them traveled on together to Bethlehem.
When they arrived in Bethlehem, the whole town was soon buzzing: “Is this really our Naomi? And after all this time!”
20-21 But she said, “Don’t call me Naomi; call me Bitter. The Strong One has dealt me a bitter blow. I left here full of life, and God has brought me back with nothing but the clothes on my back. Why would you call me Naomi? God certainly doesn’t. The Strong One ruined me.”
22 And so Naomi was back, and Ruth the foreigner with her, back from the country of Moab. They arrived in Bethlehem at the beginning of the barley harvest.

For Reflection

Naomi's perception of her circumstance was damaged by the commonly accepted belief in a punitive God. She blames God for her predicament and is bitter.  But barley isn't the only thing God working through his people will harvest.

Pray

Pray prayers of thanksgiving for the God of love who restores us to a realization of who we are, children of God.


Forward to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.