Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I AM Has Sent Me

God's Creative Word
God Calls For Justice:  Justice Enacted

God Promised to Be With Us

Exodus 3:9-15

The Message
 9-10 "The Israelite cry for help has come to me, and I've seen for myself how cruelly they're being treated by the Egyptians. It's time for you to go back: I'm sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people, the People of Israel, out of Egypt."
 11 Moses answered God, "But why me? What makes you think that I could ever go to Pharaoh and lead the children of Israel out of Egypt?"
 12 "I'll be with you," God said. "And this will be the proof that I am the one who sent you: When you have brought my people out of Egypt, you will worship God right here at this very mountain."
 13 Then Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the People of Israel and I tell them, 'The God of your fathers sent me to you'; and they ask me, 'What is his name?' What do I tell them?"
 14 God said to Moses, "I-AM-WHO-I-AM. Tell the People of Israel, 'I-AM sent me to you.'"
 15 God continued with Moses: "This is what you're to say to the Israelites: 'God, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob sent me to you.' This has always been my name, and this is how I always will be known.

For Reflection
I AM! 
God declares self-existence.  God is the universe and the universe is God.  The universe is the  Word and the Word is God!  God is the ultimate reference for our speech. If we speak of the atom we speak of God.  If we speak of each other we speak of God.  Accepting God is being obedient to the will of the universe.  If we work in obedience to God's will we are aligned with the power of the universe, God.
In obedience to God, know that God is by your side. 

Pray
that you will have confidence that God is with you.  Pray that you, like Moses, will lead others into God's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.