Friday, August 10, 2012

The Light of the World

God's Creative Word
God Calls For Justice:  Justice Enacted

Praise for God's Justice

John 8:12-19

The Message (MSG)
You're Missing God in All This
 12Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."  13The Pharisees objected, "All we have is your word on this. We need more than this to go on."
 14-18Jesus replied, "You're right that you only have my word. But you can depend on it being true. I know where I've come from and where I go next. You don't know where I'm from or where I'm headed. You decide according to what you can see and touch. I don't make judgments like that. But even if I did, my judgment would be true because I wouldn't make it out of the narrowness of my experience but in the largeness of the One who sent me, the Father. That fulfills the conditions set down in God's Law: that you can count on the testimony of two witnesses. And that is what you have: You have my word and you have the word of the Father who sent me."
 19They said, "Where is this so-called Father of yours?"
   Jesus said, "You're looking right at me and you don't see me. How do you expect to see the Father? If you knew me, you would at the same time know the Father."

For Reflection
When do you look but not see?  When do you hear but not listen? What do you touch but do not feel?  What do you taste but do not savor?   

Father, Son, and Spirit; three distinct and equal entities that are consubstantial, one and the same.  To experience one is to experience all.  To understand Jesus is to understand the Father and the Spirit.  God is beyond what we can see, hear, feel, smell and touch.  Since we are limited by our five senses, we are limited in understanding God who is unlimited.  What lies beyond we can understand is known only through faith.  Faith is fueled by confidence in God.  "Where is the evidence?" you ask. Wrong question!

Pray
that you will live your life in faith.  Pray that you will seek the face of God in his creation.  Pray that you will look and see, taste and savor, hear and listen, touch and feel. the abiding love that is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.