Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Beyond the Present Time
Resurrection Hope
Hope Comes from God's Grace

Psalm 38:9-16

The Message (MSG)
9-16 Lord, my longings are sitting in plain sight,
    my groans an old story to you.
My heart’s about to break;
    I’m a burned-out case.
Cataracts blind me to God and good;
    old friends avoid me like the plague.
My cousins never visit,
    my neighbors stab me in the back.
My competitors blacken my name,
    devoutly they pray for my ruin.
But I’m deaf and mute to it all,
    ears shut, mouth shut.
I don’t hear a word they say,
    don’t speak a word in response.
What I do, God, is wait for you,
    wait for my Lord, my God—you will answer!
I wait and pray so they won’t laugh me off,
    won’t smugly strut off when I stumble. 

For Reflection
Others talk, but you need not listen!  Others taunt, but you need not react!  Others pray against you, but you need not heed their prayers!  Others bare false witness against you, but you need not defend!   Others deceive you, but you need not be fooled!

You wait on the Lord.  You respond to God's whispers.  God strengthens your heart.  You approach your life anchored in God's desire for your well-being. You answer not to others, you answer only to God.  You approach life in obedience to God, with humility strengthened by the Holy Spirit, and in Christian hospitality.  Others stumble through life, you are incapable of stumbling.

Pray
for courage to face life as one of God's children.  Pray for strength of heart.   Pray to keep your ear tuned to God's whispers.  Pray for the humility which can come only from walking in the light of God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.