Monday, April 29, 2013

I Have No Help in Me

Beyond the Present Time
Resurrection Hope
A Living Hope

Job 6:8-13

The Message

Pressed Past the Limits

8-13 “All I want is an answer to one prayer,
    a last request to be honored:
Let God step on me—squash me like a bug,
    and be done with me for good.
I’d at least have the satisfaction
    of not having blasphemed the Holy God,
    before being pressed past the limits.
Where’s the strength to keep my hopes up?
    What future do I have to keep me going?
Do you think I have nerves of steel?
    Do you think I’m made of iron?
Do you think I can pull myself up by my bootstraps?
    Why, I don’t even have any boots! 

For Reflection
It's OK to be angry, even with God.  God understands and knows who you are.  How often have you thought or even expressed your anger with God?  At times when you feel most hopeless, remember Gods promise, have patience and hope for God's saving grace. 

Pray
for strength in the face of troubled times.  Pray to keep hope in God's promise of grace.  Pray for God's help.  Pray for patience.  Pray in silence and listen for God's reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.