Monday, July 20, 2015

I Trusted in Your Steadfast Love

God's Prophets Demand Justice
Amos Rails against Injustice


Micah Calls for Justice among Unjust People


God Shows Clemency

Psalm 13  The Message

A David Psalm

13 1-2 Long enough, God
    you’ve ignored me long enough.
I’ve looked at the back of your head
    long enough. Long enough
I’ve carried this ton of trouble,
    lived with a stomach full of pain.
Long enough my arrogant enemies
    have looked down their noses at me.
3-4 Take a good look at me, God, my God;
    I want to look life in the eye,
So no enemy can get the best of me
    or laugh when I fall on my face.
5-6 I’ve thrown myself headlong into your arms—
    I’m celebrating your rescue.
I’m singing at the top of my lungs,
    I’m so full of answered prayers.

For Reflection 
I suppose there are times when each of us feels abandoned.  The despair of facing the world alone pressures us.  In the face of such pressures we sometimes falter.  David is facing such a time.  He honestly opens his feelings to God. Critical, yes, but confident that God will hear his petition, David does not bargain with God.  Rather, David praises God for God's blessings and confesses his devotion.

Pray
In times of trouble remember to God the blessings God has given.  Remember your devotion to the only one who can save you.  Remember and celebrate the relationship you have.  Pray prayers that are honest and authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.