Thursday, July 23, 2015

You Are My Sheep

God's Prophets Demand Justice
Amos Rails against Injustice


Micah Calls for Justice among Unjust People


God Shows Clemency

Ezekiel 34:23-31  The Message

23-24 “‘I’ll appoint one shepherd over them all: my servant David. He’ll feed them. He’ll be their shepherd. And I, God, will be their God. My servant David will be their prince. I, God, have spoken.
25-27 “‘I’ll make a covenant of peace with them. I’ll banish fierce animals from the country so the sheep can live safely in the wilderness and sleep in the forest. I’ll make them and everything around my hill a blessing. I’ll send down plenty of rain in season—showers of blessing! The trees in the orchards will bear fruit, the ground will produce, they’ll feel content and safe on their land, and they’ll realize that I am God when I break them out of their slavery and rescue them from their slave masters.
28-29 “‘No longer will they be exploited by outsiders and ravaged by fierce beasts. They’ll live safe and sound, fearless and free. I’ll give them rich gardens, lavish in vegetables—no more living half-starved, no longer taunted by outsiders.
30-31 “‘They’ll know, beyond doubting, that I, God, am their God, that I’m with them and that they, the people Israel, are my people. Decree of God, the Master:
You are my dear flock,
    the flock of my pasture, my human flock,
And I am your God.
    Decree of God, the Master.’”
 
For Reflection 
God has sent one of God's own heart, one who's spirit is God's Spirit;  David, servant of God.  God pledges his protection for God's people.  God pledges salvation for all human fears.  God does not underestimate the power of spiritual engrossment.  And neither should we!  What we seek, we shall find in God.  What we long for we shall find in the presence of God's faithful community.  Giving your living moments to God, will free you from a corrupting sense of self-fulfillment.

Pray
that you will give into God's call for your life.  Pray for the aiding trust in God.  Pray that you will know the comfort of a life in God's flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.