Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Lord Will Shepard His Sheep

God's Prophets Demand Justice
Amos Rails against Injustice


Micah Calls for Justice among Unjust People


God Shows Clemency

Ezekiel 34:7-16  The Message

7-9 “‘Therefore, shepherds, listen to the Message of God: As sure as I am the living God—Decree of God, the Master—because my sheep have been turned into mere prey, into easy meals for wolves because you shepherds ignored them and only fed yourselves, listen to what God has to say:
10 “‘Watch out! I’m coming down on the shepherds and taking my sheep back. They’re fired as shepherds of my sheep. No more shepherds who just feed themselves! I’ll rescue my sheep from their greed. They’re not going to feed off my sheep any longer!
11-16 “‘God, the Master, says: From now on, I myself am the shepherd. I’m going looking for them. As shepherds go after their flocks when they get scattered, I’m going after my sheep. I’ll rescue them from all the places they’ve been scattered to in the storms. I’ll bring them back from foreign peoples, gather them from foreign countries, and bring them back to their home country. I’ll feed them on the mountains of Israel, along the streams, among their own people. I’ll lead them into lush pasture so they can roam the mountain pastures of Israel, graze at leisure, feed in the rich pastures on the mountains of Israel. And I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep. I myself will make sure they get plenty of rest. I’ll go after the lost, I’ll collect the strays, I’ll doctor the injured, I’ll build up the weak ones and oversee the strong ones so they’re not exploited.
 
For Reflection 
The Promise of God!  You can count on it!

If you are floundering in the Spirit, God will find you.  If you are facing troublesome times, God will find you.  If your faith is in doubt, God will find you.   Weak or strong, imprisoned by the common place or embedded in an inauthentic community, God will rescue you.  Give up on self-sufficiency and embrace God's promise.  God will always find you, comfort you and give you peace.

Pray
for the healing power of God to revitalize you.  Pray that you will turn to God in troubled times.  Pray that you will graze in God's pastures.  Pray for the comfort only God can deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.