Friday, October 3, 2014

In God I Trust

Sustaining Hope
Dark Nights of the Soul


Rejoice Anyway

Psalm 56:8-13  The Message

You’ve kept track of my every toss and turn
    through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger,
    each ache written in your book.
If my enemies run away,
    turn tail when I yell at them,
Then I’ll know
    that God is on my side.
10-11 I’m proud to praise God,
    proud to praise God.
Fearless now, I trust in God;
    what can mere mortals do to me?
12-13 God, you did everything you promised,
    and I’m thanking you with all my heart.
You pulled me from the brink of death,
    my feet from the cliff-edge of doom.
Now I stroll at leisure with God
    in the sunlit fields of life.

For Reflection
Take a good look at your past.  Discover the unexpected blessings.  Assign the unexpected to God's hand even if you have to suspend doubt.  Think of how it might have turned out without the unexpected blessings ( which may have not seemed like blessings at the time).

Can you realize that God has fought these "enemies" with blessings?  Can you trust in the Lord to continue the practice of blessing?
Pray
thanking God with all your heart for God's interest in your life an for God's blessings.  Thank God for the opportunity to find peace, justice and comfort in God's sunlit fields.  Pray so that you can stroll through life unafraid, confident that God has got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.