Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Why Do You Stand Far Off?

Sustaining Hope
Dark Nights of the Soul


Even So, My Redeemer Lives

Psalm 101-The Message (MSG)

A David Psalm

101 1-8 My theme song is God’s love and justice,
    and I’m singing it right to you, God.
I’m finding my way down the road of right living,
    but how long before you show up?
I’m doing the very best I can,
    and I’m doing it at home, where it counts.
I refuse to take a second look
    at corrupting people and degrading things.
I reject made-in-Canaan gods,
    stay clear of contamination.
The crooked in heart keep their distance;
    I refuse to shake hands with those who plan evil.
I put a gag on the gossip
    who bad-mouths his neighbor;
I can’t stand
    arrogance.
But I have my eye on salt-of-the-earth people—
    they’re the ones I want working with me;
Men and women on the straight and narrow—
    these are the ones I want at my side.
But no one who traffics in lies
    gets a job with me; I have no patience with liars.
I’ve rounded up all the wicked like cattle
    and herded them right out of the country.
I purged God’s city
    of all who make a business of evil.

For Reflection

Living a God-centered life is a performance art, an unscripted play where improvisation is the method.  God askS us to make righteousness the context. God supplies the talents.  We CHOOSE the scripts. We look to God for feedback.  "Is this right, God?'  "Am I on the right track?"  "Are you pleased with me?"  "Show me a sign so that I know."

We look outside our selves for conformation when we need to look inward to the Spirit that moves us. We need authentic judgment, the judgment of the Spirit that resides in us.   If the Godless praise you, you may be on the wrong track.  Even though you may not see the final results of you action, know that God has confidence and faith in you.

Pray
that you will find your direction in the scriptures.  Pray that you will  listen quietly to the whispers of the Spirit.  Pray for confidence and God will give you opportunities to become confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.