Thursday, October 16, 2014

Shelter from the Storm

Sustaining Hope
Dark Nights of the Soul


Hope Complains

Psalm 55:1-8  The Message

A David Psalm

55 1-3 Open your ears, God, to my prayer;
    don’t pretend you don’t hear me knocking.
Come close and whisper your answer.
    I really need you.
I shudder at the mean voice,
    quail before the evil eye,
As they pile on the guilt,
    stockpile angry slander.
4-8 My insides are turned inside out;
    specters of death have me down.
I shake with fear,
    I shudder from head to foot.
“Who will give me wings,” I ask—
    “wings like a dove?”
Get me out of here on dove wings;
    I want some peace and quiet.
I want a walk in the country,
    I want a cabin in the woods.
I’m desperate for a change
    from rage and stormy weather.
 
For Reflection

Stop the world, God, I want to get off!  Discouraged?  So was David.  But, remember how God took care of Him.

Look to your stored memories of goodness.  Find hope and comfort in God's good deeds in your life.  look beyond the mean times and ask for God's loving, comforting hand.  God will find you and heal you.
 
Pray
for the healing hands of God to surround and comfort you and all who need God's healing hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.